Two Digit and Three Digit Odd and Even Number Cookie Sort has students sort numbers onto two adorable cookie jars.
There are numerous ways to differentiate this activity for your students:
- use only the 24 two digit numbers
- use only the 24 three digit number cards
- use all 48 cards
- use some of each kind of card
- use the sorting mats that include hints on how to identify even and odd numbers
- use the sorting mats that are just labeled even and odd, but allow some students to use the enclosed hint cards
After completing the sort, students can complete the worksheet for further assessment.
I included an answer key that has two jars labeled odd and even, but without answers filled in. This is so you can write in the numbers you chose to use. You might even make different sets of cards for different students; the blank answer key will allow you to create self-correcting centers based on your students' needs.
This activity would be great for RtI, a math center, or a whole class lesson (sort the numbers as a class and then have students complete the worksheet individually). You could even use the cookie number cards for number reading practice!
Thank you for looking! :)