When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- "Cover it up" method for introduction and concept building
- Inverse operations method for solving 2 step equations
- how to show work
- how to write solutions
- checking answers by plugging back in
- concept of a solution
- keeping the equation balanced / equivalent
- performing order of operations backwards when UN-doing to solve
- performing order of op. forwards to simplify / evaluate (& to check solutions!)
- practice and examples
* No negative numbers (or fractions or decimals) are in this set.
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
Middle School Pre-Algebra Super Bundle
Fractions: "Choose Your Own Journey" Book
Fractions, Decimals, & Percents Activity Bundle