Your students are trapped in the room with a limited amount of time to make it out! This activity is based on the Panic/Mystery Rooms for adults. The goal is at the end of the tasks the students will have a completed famous phrase.
This is two activities depending on your students level/ability. Section 1 focuses on solving Two-Step Equations with NO negatives and Section 2 focuses on solving Two-Step Equations WITH negatives.
Students will have 6 different tasks to complete in order to make it out:
1. Decode using Two-Step Equations to solve for 2 words.
2. Decode by writing out and solving Two-Step Equations from words to solve for 2 word.
3. Decode with symbols by solving Two-Step Equations.
4. Solve using Two-Step Equations on 3 different tangram puzzles that will create 1 word.
5. Solve and/or write Two-Step Equations to shade in 1 part of a word.
6. Solve using Two-Step Equations to put the puzzle pieces together to make the second half of the last word.
This activity can be played Panic or Casual style based on your class. It can also be transformed into station activities.
Students love the challenges of combining math with puzzles. They also love the competition of who will make it out!