This 120 page packet contains (almost) everything you need to teach 2 and 3 digit addition and subtraction with regrouping!
The practice pages are included in an order that gradually increases in difficulty. With each new skill the following practice pages are included: a sheet with place value blocks that is meant to be used for direct instruction. The teacher models the skill for students as they complete the activity together. 2-3 other pages are included that can be used as guided and unguided student practice.
Order of Practice Pages:
1) Addition without regrouping: practicing the skill of addition
2) Regrouping in the ones place.
3) Regrouping in tens and ones places.
• Draw and Add Activity(Pirate) allows students to practice 2 digit addition with regrouping. Answers will be 2 and 3 digit numbers.
4) Adding 3 digit numbers that have 3 digit answers.
5) Adding 3 digit numbers with 4 digit answers. Students will regroup in the ones, tens and hundreds places.
• Spin and Add Activity: Build a number and add, answers could be 2, 3, and 4 digits.
• Draw and Add Activity(Space): answers will be 3 and 4 digits
6) Addition Quiz: Check for understanding. Students will regroup in ones, tens and hundreds places, answers will be 3 and 4 digit numbers
1) Basic subtraction without regrouping
2) Regrouping between tens and ones places.
• Dino differences: Subtracting 2 digit numbers with and without regrouping
3) Quiz to check for understanding of 2-digit subtraction
4) 3 digit subtraction: regrouping between ones and tens OR tens and hundreds places
• True or False activity to practice 3 digit subtraction with regrouping
5) Quiz to check for understanding of 3-digit subtraction
6) 3 digit subtraction: regrouping between ones and tens AND tens and hundreds places
• Poppin’ Differences: practice regrouping between tens and ones AND tens and hundreds
7) Subtraction across 1 zero
8) Subtraction across 2 zeros
9) Subtraction across zeros quiz
• Subtraction Safari: Subtracting across zeros
Math Camp Game: Addition and Subtraction Practice: All skills included in packet
This packet is great for introducing addition and subtraction or using for remediation/re-teaching.
f your students are having difficulty with basic addition and subtraction, I have flashcards in my store that provide visuals as students practice these skills.
(c) Teachers' Pet