Celebrate Chinese New Year or Multicultural Day with a folktale from China! Two of Everything by Lily Toy Hong is a GREAT children's book featuring a traditional Chinese legend about a couple who find a magic pot. This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. The Haktaks’ Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes or functions
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
5. Synonyms Game- Choose synonyms for selected text given three answer choices
6. Written Extension- Students write about and illustrate what they would put into the pot
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!
Please note: The book is not included in this book companion, but can be purchased in stores or online.