This ActivInspire Flipchart introduces students to the three major types of clouds, as well as characteristics, combinations, and fog.
- This presentation is structured to answer the following questions:
- What are clouds? What are the types of clouds?
- What are the characteristics of cumulus clouds?
- What are the characteristics of cirrus clouds?
- What are the characteristics of stratus clouds?
- What do -nimbus and alto- mean? What is some common cloud?
- What is fog?
- I think this is best taught over the course of two-three days.
- There are several video links throughout which reinforce cloud types and key concepts, plus a review section at the end.
- There are Cornell guided notes available that accompany this product available in a bundle. The guided notes are fill-in-the-blank.
- This was designed for 6-7th grade, but I think it can appropriately be used in 4th through 10th depending on your standards.
- Please note: This is NOT a PowerPoint - this is a Flipchart which uses ActivInspire software from Promethean. You can download a free, 30-day trial for ActivInspire if you're interested. You can also purchase this slideshow in Google Slides or PowerPoint format.
I hope you find this helpful, and that it saves you time as you prepare to teach these concepts.