Types of Communities | 1st or 2nd Grade Social Studies Unit | Rural Urban Suburb
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Spruce up your 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade social studies unit with these community activities! This all inclusive unit will cover types of communities, community helpers, community places, goods and services and renewable vs nonrenewable resources.Students Will Learn:About 3 types of communities (urban,Price $9.50Original Price $15.00Save $5.50
Spruce up your 1st or 2nd grade social studies unit with this types of communities activity. Students will research urban, rural and suburban communities and use this graphic organizer brochure to take notes on jobs, buildings, vehicles and the importance of each community. They will then take notes on their own community.
Students will take notes on:
- 3 types of communities: urban, rural, suburban
- Urban Communities: jobs, vehicles, buildings, importance
- Suburban Communities: jobs, vehicles, buildings, importance
- Rural Communities: jobs, vehicles, buildings, importance
- MY Community
While creating a fun brochure!
- Teaching Guide
- Book and video research suggestions
- Picture Examples
- Essential Question
- Learning Target
- Vocabulary Cards
- Brochure / Graphic Organizer
- Answer Key
Please note that leveled readers are NOT included. Links to FREE books online are embedded in the resource.
Teaching about COMMUNITIES? Grab this MUST HAVE unit! Or check out the other pieces of this bundle:
- Communities Unit [BUNDLE!]
- Types of Communities Brochure (urban, rural, suburban)
- Community Helpers Flip Book Activities
- Community Places Crafts and Activities
- Goods vs. Services Sorting Activity
- Nonrenewable vs. Renewable Resources Sorting Activity
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.