Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.52 MB | 8 pages
Introduce the three types of irony in literature: Dramatic Irony, Verbal Irony and Situational Irony. Everything you need to teach students to define, identify, analyze and write their own literary irony.
NO PREP Print & Go: Worksheets & Lesson Plan for understanding, identifying and using Dramatic Irony, Verbal Irony and Situational Irony - in a fun & engaging way!! Plus teach the difference between being ironic, facetious and sarcastic.
Enjoy no prep OR editable lesson plan & student worksheets (.DOC & .PDF formats) to teach students to define, identify and use the three types of irony in literature.
The easy-to-follow lesson plan and complete student handouts cover the following activities for an effortless 40-60+ minute lesson:
- Do Now/Bell Ringer
- Mini Lesson/Teacher Script
- Guided Practice/Turn & Talks
- Independent Practice #1: Identify/Analyze Provided Examples
- Independent Practice #2: Identify/Analyze Examples from Literature
- Independent Practice #3: Apply/Create/Write
- Half Sheet Exit Slip
- Early Finisher Activity
- Includes differentiation instructions