Also included in
- This bundle features two social studies teacher favorites used in tandem- a Continents & Oceans, Map Skills Full Unit, and a Types of Maps full unit! With both units, you will be provided with lesson plans, a student workbook with informational reading passages and an accompanying interactive n$14.50$16.55Save $2.05
- The Social Studies, Year-Long Bundle provides a complete curriculum for upper-elementary classrooms with a focus on literacy development. 21st Century skills are emphasized with annotation and reading skills development, interactive hands-on activities, research, and more. Student workbooks include$79.95$104.50Save $24.55
- This bundle was customized for a Louisiana teacher by using resources that I have available. It is aligned with current state-standards, and will be adjusted when/if state standards change in the future. Check out the "Bonus File" to get a glimpse of how this bundle addresses Louisiana's Grade 5 S$49.95$58.75Save $8.80
No-prep, 2-3 week unit on six different types of maps, and more! The map types included are: Political, Physical, Road, Climate, Resource, and Thematic. There is also a 3-page lesson on map reading skills and components, like a Map Title, Map Key, Scale, and Compass Rose. With this resource, you will be provided with lesson plans, a student workbook and accompanying interactive notebook (activity lapbook), a PowerPoint for teacher-guided instruction, and an end-of-unit assessment. The student workbook and PowerPoint are also Google 1:1 compatible. Reading and literacy skill building activities are built-in to the student workbook (You can also buy the Student Workbook as a stand-alone resource by CLICKING HERE).
This "Types of Maps" unit is an excellent supplement to my CONTINENTS, OCEANS, & MAP SKILLS UNIT; check it out! (OR... bundle them together and save $$. !).
This unit is easy to implement with independent learners and, therefore, can be used in hybrid classrooms, with at-home learners, or fully in-person classes. And as a bonus- your students will love learning about different types of maps with Tony the Tourist!
- A Student Workbook
- Vocabulary List
- Seven Lessons: Map Basics, Political Maps, Physical Maps, Road Maps, Climate Maps, Resource Maps, and Thematic Maps.
- Reading Passages with built-in Map Skills questions.
- Reading Skills activities
- Study Guide
- Google 1:1 Compatible
- An Activity Lapbook
- Completely aligned to the Student Workbook
- 3 interactive activities
- Can be used by students independently
- 8 Writing Prompts on a Choice Board
- Vocabulary Flashcards
- Provides a digital form of the Student Workbook
- Great for teacher-directed read alouds and whole-class instruction
- Unit content is not editable, but you can add or delete slides
- Google Slides presentation also included
- Teacher Guide
- Lesson plans with Student Learning Objectives and Essential Questions
- Answer Keys for all resources
- Unit preparation checklist
- State Standards: Common Core, TEKS, VA SOL
- Editable Word document
- 5 fill-in-the-blank questions with a word bank
- 5 multiple choice questions
- 2 short response questions
Like this activity? "Tony the Tourist" is part of a growing series that offers a fun and interactive way to teach social studies to upper elementary and middle school students. FOLLOW ME, and you will be the first to know about new resources, freebies, and where Tony is going next!
Reviews are helpful! Go to "My Purchases" in your account, find this resource, and select the option to leave feedback. In return, you will receive "TpT Bucks" to use towards future purchases... it's a win-win!