This lesson covers the following types of memory loss:
A. retrograde amnesia
B. anterograde amnesia
C. encoding failure
D. storage decay
F. proactive interference
G. retroactive interference
J. source amensia
C. Reading on memory loss
D. Answer key
It is fully editable so you can make additions or deletions.
Steps of Lesson Plan
• Show Youtube video on Clive Wearing.
• Have students respond with their thoughts and questions in t-chart.
• Discuss the video.
• Complete the first step-note on anterograde amnesia after looking at the video and the reading on types of memory loss.
• This will give the students an example of how to complete the other step-notes.
• Allow the students to work on the other types of memory loss using the reading.
• Each step note will require students to:
o Define the type of memory loss
o Identify what types of memories are lost
o Why the memory loss occurs
o Create an example of the memory loss
• The students may work cooperatively or alone.
• Discuss answers with students
• Have students answer the reflection questions at the end