This presentation has everything you could need to teach students about mental disorders!!
An engaging and interesting PPT focusing on different mental disorders. Have had great success using this PPT with my classes and it always sparks some great discussions and questions (This PPT will generally be used over a couple of lessons).
Included in this presentation are explanations of the following:
- Mood Disorders (Depression, Mania, Bipolar)
- Psychotic Disorders (Schizophrenia, Delusional Disorder and Substance and Medication-Induced Psychotic Disorder)
- Addiction Disorders (Addiction and Gambling)
- Personality Disorders (Antisocial Personality Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and Borderline Personality Disorder)
- Contributing Factors (Biopsychosocial Model)
- Possible treatments for mental disorders
- Key Anxiety Disorders are also included but as an independent research task (Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety, Phobias and Panic Disorders are suggested for students to research.
As well as all of this there is also an activity slide that requires students to identify the biological, psychological and social factors that can contribute to different mental disorders.
I hope you enjoy this very detailed PPT and your honest feedback would be appreciated.