This PowerPoint is designed to teach middle school students about the three types of rocks. The information covered goes into depth and will give students more information than what they learned in elementary school.
Included in your purchase is an 82-Slide PowerPoint, full of colorful illustrations, high-resolution pictures, student friendly language, and notes for the teacher; additionally you will receive a student graphic organizer for note taking (and an answer key!). Sharing the entire PowerPoint with your students will take about 90 minutes.
• Igneous Rocks--Intrusive vs. Extrusive (formation, unique features, and examples)
• Weathering (causes, types, examples)
• Erosion (types, examples)
• Sedimentary Rocks--Well sorted vs. Poorly sorted (formation, unique features, and examples)
• Metamorphic Rocks--Foliated vs. Non-foliated (formation, unique features, and examples
What makes my PowerPoints unique?
• Student friendly language—I design every slide with middle school students in mind
• High-resolution images—I only use images that have a high quality. Many images are photographs that I have taken myself.
• Student Graphic Organizers—Note taking helps middle school students write down ONLY the essential information and it keeps their attention throughout the presentation
• Built-In Activities—There is nothing more boring than sitting through a PowerPoint while someone else “lectures”...especially if you are 13-years-old. My PowerPoints are designed to get students to have a conversation and think abstractly throughout the presentation.
Still not sure? Download the sample to get a better idea of what you'll receive with this purchase!
Types of Rocks PowerPoint
by Skipper Coates
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License