Types of Rocks and Minerals | NGSS Interactive Notebook and Activities
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This is a YEAR-LONG DIGITAL and PRINTABLE Next Generation Science Standard (NGSS) Science Bundle for 2nd grade and 3rd grade. This MEGA Science Bundle includes science interactive notebook foldables, science lessons and hands-on activities for matter, rocks, weather, plants, animals, habitats, energPrice $139.99Original Price $226.00Save $86.01
- Are you a 3rd grade teacher looking for social studies activities that are fun and engaging to teach and practice the 7 Continents, 5 Oceans, Regions of the United States, Economics, Government, States and Capitals, Map Skills, and More? This is a YEAR LONG DIGITAL and PRINTABLE BUNDLE for 3rd gradePrice $89.00Original Price $172.00Save $83.00
Are you looking for interactive, hands-on, and engaging teaching and practice activities that will go with any Types of Rock and Mineral Earth science curriculum? This rocks and mineral DIFFERENTIATED unit includes teaching posters, vocabulary cards, and interactive flip tab science booklets for students to learn about igneous, metamorphic, and Sedimentary rocks and minerals. These low-prep activities are quick and easy to set-up and perfect for your earth science units!
Students will practice and learn how rocks and minerals are used to meet the basic needs, build vocabulary, and show what they’ve learned using the choice of two interactive flip books. Students will be able to work independently, in small groups, discussing vocabulary words, and engaged using these simple and engaging NGGS rocks and minerals activities.
Save 30% off on my Third Grade DIGITAL and PRINTABLE Science YEARLONG Bundle that includes this resource by clicking here!
About This Rocks and Minerals Resource:
- This is a FIVE TAB Book and includes pages that can be used under each Flip Tab expanding on the concept and skills making this an 11 page Flip Book.
- Students will write what they’ve learned from doing online research, using the teaching posters, or using as a supplement to your science textbooks.
- The number of days you spend on this Flip Tab Book will depend on the grade you teach and the time you have to study rocks and minerals.
- This Rocks and Minerals Set includes posters, vocabulary cards, Web Sites, and Integrative Flip Tab booklets for students to learn about rocks and minerals.
This Rocks and Minerals Earth Science Packet Includes:
- How to use Interactive Flip Tab Books
- Online Research Sites and Suggested Pacing Guide
- Girl Rock and Mineral Cover
- Boy Rock and Mineral Cover
- Rocks Flip Tab One (2 per page)
- Minerals Flip Tab Two (2 per page)
- Igneous Rocks Flip Tab Three (2 per page)
- Sedimentary Rocks Flip Tab Four (2 per page)
- Metamorphic Rocks Flip Tab Five (2 per page)
- Interesting Facts Writing Page
- Compare and Contrast Types of Rocks
- Teaching Posters (8.5 x 11)
- Illustrated Vocabulary
This Rocks and Mineral set is great for:
- Doing Online Research (Common Core Standard)
- Using as a Cumulative Review
- Whole Group Instruction
- Small Group Work
- Adding to your Interactive Science Journals
- Integrating ELA Common Core Standards with NGSS
Click on the links below for other helpful resources.
Properties of Rocks Digital Sorting Tasks
WEATHER and ELA Unit with Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
RENEWABLE and NONRENEWABLE RESOURCES UNIT
CLICK here to FOLLOW me and SAVE 50% off my products the FIRST 24 HOURS POSTED!
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.