Types of Sentences | Expanding Sentences | Compound Sentences | SPIDER CRAFT
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This is the Language Domain Bundle of all of my second grade Hands-on Reading units. It covers ALL second grade Common Core Standards for Language (conventions and vocabulary). To see a preview of what is included, click on the individual units. Each unit is a complete hands-on mini unit that incluPrice $51.75Original Price $103.50Save $51.75
- This is the second grade Hands-on Reading Grammar Bundle. It covers the second grade Common Core Standards for Language (conventions). Each unit is a complete hands-on mini unit that includes a week or more of lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, anchor charts, class games with recording sheets,Price $32.00Original Price $64.00Save $32.00
- This is the Grammar Bundle of all second grade Hands-on Reading digital and print grammar units. Each unit is a complete hands-on mini unit that includes a week or more of lesson plans, Powerpoint presentaions, anchor charts, class games with recording sheets, interactive-notebook pages, scavenger hPrice $96.00Original Price $120.00Save $24.00
- This is the Language Domain Bundle of all second-grade Hands-on Reading print and digital grammar and vocabulary units. It covers all second grade standards for Language (conventions and vocabulary). Each unit is a complete hands-on mini unit that includes a week or more of lesson plans, anchor charPrice $133.35Original Price $190.50Save $57.15
Teach students to produce, expand, and rearrange complete simple and compound sentences, as well as explore types of sentences with this engaging hands-on resource. This bundle includes 15 days of lessons, anchor charts, class games with recording sheets, interactive notebook pages, task cards, a craft, FoldUp books, worksheets, 4 PowerPoint presentations, and a quick assessment. This is a complete hands-on mini unit.
This unit focuses on the following standard:
L.2.1.F – Produce, expand, and rearrange complete simple and compound sentences.
Included in this unit:
- PowerPoint Presentation (Sentence Types)
- PowerPoint Presentation (Expanding Sentences)
- PowerPoint Presentation (Joining Sentences)
- PowerPoint Presentation (Compound Sentences)
- Day 1 - Mini Lesson – Write statements, questions, exclamations, and commands.
- Anchor Chart/Poster
- Types of Sentences Interactive Notebook
- Day 2 – Types of Sentences in a Row Partner Game
- Day 3 – Types of Sentences Task Card Scoot
- Day 4 – Types of Sentences Mini FoldUpBook and Sort
- Day 5 – Practice Sheets (Turning questions to statements and statements to questions.)
- Day 6 – Mini Lesson 2 – Expanding Sentences
- Day 7 – Build and Expand Silly Sentences Class Game
- Day 8 – Build and Expand Partner Activity
- Day 9 – Mini Lesson 3 – Joining Sentences
- Day 10 – Joining Sentences Task Cards
- Day 11 – Interactive Notebook (Using conjunctions to join sentences.)
- Day 12 – Mini Lesson 4 – Writing Compound Sentences
- Day 13 – Simple or Compound FoldUpBook
- Day 14 – Writing Compound Sentences
- Day 15 – Spider Craft
I am a believer in a hands-on approach to teaching. Students learn when they are deeply engaged in the learning process. But, what does it mean to be hands-on in your literacy block? From my experience with reading and language arts instruction, my students learn best when they are reading, talking about what they are reading, conversing with their friends, playing games, moving, and involved in deep discussion. Students learn so much from each other and I believe that a literacy classroom should be full of conversations.
- Follow me on Instagram for a glimpse of life inside my classroom.
- Follow my blog for weekly tips, trick, and ideas to engage your little learners.
- Follow me on my new Youtube channel. I'll be sharing my literacy plans for the week ahead AND I'll give you ideas of how you can use this product in your classroom.