Types of Sentences Grammar Review Bingo Game
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This Narrative Writing Bundle includes not only our Complete Personal Narrative Writing Unit, but it also includes some of our favorite games that we use with our students to review Figurative Language and Types of Sentences - both games meant to strengthen students' writing and sentence fluency!CLIPrice $14.40Original Price $22.50Save $8.10
This is a FUN AND CHALLENGING way for your students to learn, review, or master various kinds of sentences found in the English Language. The grammar concepts covered are: independent and dependent clauses, fragments, run-ons, simple sentences, compound sentences, complex sentences, and compound-complex sentences.
The Grammar Bingo Game is perfect for your middle school classroom (Grades 6-8+), but we've also used this resource with our 5th graders. So it really depends on where you are in your grammar instruction with your students!
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE:
- Instructions for Use: Detailed teacher instructions to make this as easy to implement in your classroom as possible.
- Student Cheat Sheet: A 2-page worksheet / review that provides students with definitions and examples of each of the concepts seen on the grammar bingo game.
- 35 Grammar Bingo Game Boards: We have included a black and white version for friendly printing OR a color version! 50 game boards total (35 B&W and 35 color). Each game board has 16 boxes on it filled with the different concepts covered: fragment, run-on, simple sentence, compound sentence, complex sentence, and compound-complex sentence. Please note that independent and dependent clauses are NOT on the game boards, but they are a part of the student cheat sheet because they are essential to understanding the other concepts.
- Terminology Calling Cards: Instead of Bingo numbers and letters, you have letters and each of the concepts listed (i.e. "G - Simple Sentence"). Also comes in color or black and white for friendly printing!
- Answer Key: We've provided an answer key for you to make checking students' boards a breeze!
This is such a fun way to review these concepts with your students. Our kids were BEGGING us to keep playing instead of going out to recess! We know you'll love this activity :)
OTHER GRAMMAR RESOURCES FROM EB ACADEMIC CAMPS:
- Subjects + Predicates Sort Activity
- Independent + Dependent Clauses Sort Activity
- Four Kinds of Sentences Sort Activity
Also, make sure to follow us to be notified when we upload new resources! We always do a special discount when we release a new resource, so it pays to follow us!