Practice identifying and writing declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory sentences. This unit will inspire your students to write creatively with its fun firefly/insect theme! Great for simple and compound sentence writing.
Catch fireflies in jars at your writing centre! Each firefly carries a sentence for students to identify, sort, and punctuate.
- 12 firefly sentence cards
- 4 jars for sorting by sentence type
- recording sheet for Fireflies in a Jar
- posters for types of sentences (Full Color and Ink Saver)
- poster for sample sentences
- worksheets on each type of sentence
Please see the preview above.
You might be interested in:
Friendly Letter Writing and Capital Cupcakes
Nonfiction Graphic Organizers
Follow my store for 50% off all new products for the first 48 hours!
Perfectly Imperfect in Second Grade