This bright and fun pack includes:
- Posters for each sentence type explaining what each is and an example
- "Write the Room" Sentence Types Activity in which students follow numerical order as they walk around the room and determine what type of sentence each card reads. The number on the card is recorded in the correct spot within their Tree Map recording sheet.
- Color coded cards: Green cards have punctuation and the red set does not, expecting students to be able to read the sentence to distinguish what sentence type it exemplifies. Students are not able to simply look at the punctuation mark when using the red set of cards. When using the cards in a literacy center, assign the colored sets according to your leveled groups.
- An "assignment poster" that allows students to know which set they are assigned to. Print, laminate, and use dry erase marker.
- This is also an EDITABLE file that allows you to type in the assignment page and even create your own sentence cards for an additional "Write the Room" activity!
Thanks for downloading!
You may also be interested in this all inclusive, grammar assessment pack including a types of sentences assessment.
Apple Big Pack Bundle for Commercial Use by Hidsey's Clipart
Johnny Appleseed Clip Art by Lita Lita
KG Drops of Jupiter Font
KG Always a Good Time Font
Stella Jumbo Papers and Clip Art- Teaching Super Power