Engage your students’ creativity with this hands-on project that encourages them to learn about volcanoes. They will research three types of volcanoes and create a circle book that highlights what they learned. The ready-to-color illustrations feature cutaways of a Cinder Cone, a Composite Cone, and a Shield Volcano, complete with keys. For longer circle books, students can fill in additional templates with vocabulary words, create pages of volcano facts, or write a creative story about exploring a volcano. Check out the PREVIEW MOVIE to see how you can display the students’ work in the classroom. The open-ended style of the pages easily allows for differentiated learning in the classroom, in that students can write to their ability level. This project really taps into the multiple intelligences in your classroom by employing artistic elements, linguistic elements, and logical/mathematical skills as students construct the circle books using their fine motor skills.
• Step-by-step instructions on how to create a circle book
• Illustration Templates with keys for Cinder Cone Volcanoes, Composite Cone Volcanoes, and Shield Volcanoes;
• Writing Templates for each of these types of volcanoes;
• Vocabulary Template for students to include assigned vocabulary words;
• Volcano Facts Template for students to write any additional facts you might want them to include;
• Lined Template for students to include a creative writing assignment about exploring a volcano, life as a volcanologist, or famous eruptions.
• Blank Art Template for artwork that could accompany students’ creative writing assignment.
Check out these great projects from GraviosFare that focus on:
NATURAL DISASTERS and PLATE TECTONICS
Natural Disasters BUNDLE of Four Flip Books that Focus on Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tornadoes, and Hurricanes
Pangaea and Plate Tectonics Circle Book Reports: 24 Mix-and-Match Templates
Types of Volcanoes Circle Book Manipulative
Number the Stars: Circlebook Book Reports and Novel Unit
Tuck Everlasting: Circlebook Book Reports and Novel Unit
A Book Report Puzzle-Piece Project for Any Novel: Story Sequence and Main Idea
Ten Advanced Newbery Award Word Search Puzzles
STUDYING THE FIFTY STATES
Studying State Flowers—FIFTY STATES: A Blossom Book for Each State Flower
Studying State History: A Puzzle-Piece Time Line for Every State
The ABCs of the Fifty States: A Circle Book Foldable for Every State
Studying the Fifty States: A Flip-Flap Foldable for Every State
THE HUMAN BODY
Data Disks of Digestion
*** GravoisFare is Everywhere ***
Follow the GravoisFare store; more hands-on projects are added regularly.