Today's students have to be able to respond to a writing prompt accurately. The first step is to make sure your students know what type of writing they need to use. The activities in this resource will provide students opportunities to read the prompt and determine which type of writing they need to use - Narrative, Expository or Opinion.
In this resource you will get,
1. A journal page with definitions of narrative, expository and opinion writing.
2. FIFTEEN Slide instructional power point to help teach students to look for those key words that help determine the type of writing that needs to be done.
3. TWO student practice pages with answer keys.
4. FOUR Learning Stations/Centers. (Clue Phrase Sort, Color the Prompt, Quiz a Neighbor, and Memory Match)
5. ONE Assessment in the form of a quiz.
View my other writing products:
Backwards Theme - Using Theme Statements To Write Narratives - RL. 5.2; W. 5.3
Writing With Informational Text Structures - R.I 5.5