Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Nuclear Energy - Types of radiation + free bonus literacy in Science bundle of 18 informative and fun articles with questions, along with 30 Famous Scientists poster a wall display of 30 scientists, each on A4 with a picture, synopsis of life, fun and thought provoking quotes.
Lesson Overview –
Atomic quiz true or false
4 types – comparison of size and mass
Describe the 4 types
Ionize your own atom – fun activity can they do it!
Which is the most ionizing
Penetrating power – radioactive sources and Geiger Muller counter needed for demo
What happens if alpha get into our bodies
Keyword and definition challenge
Thank you for taking the time to view my premium resource. It is designed to provide you with a lesson in which pupil’s progress, the lessons follow a pathway; prepare for learning, lesson objectives, present new information, construct on that information, apply and demonstrate, review and consolidate.
Most of my premium resources follow the same format, which is:-
All power points to tell a story
Learning objectives clearly and uniquely visually linked, short, relevant and punchy, revised a minimum of 3 time a lesson.
Fun pictures all over to help tell the tale.
All slides plain black background font comic sans minimum 24 for contrast and easy to read at the back.
As many fun, creative and original practical’s built in to lessons as could be implemented.
All resources produced and stored for each lesson.
Practical instructions given along with prep room requests.
TEEP embedded, alongside philosophies from working with the Stimulating Physics program.
Literacy in Science
Each text is written in an informal manor, describing in detail the science behind the title, followed by 3 – 4 questions from which the pupil has to dissect the answers from the text or formulate their own ideas.
Each article and set of questions is 2 sides of A4 in length.
1. A child of the Stars – where were you made?
2. Are we being watched – the difficulties of searching for alien life.
3. Bernadette the deadly yellow boxfish – she’s beautiful but evolution has packed a deadly punch, let Bernie tell you all.
4. Earthquakes and your fingernails – how do they happen and why are they like your fingernails?
5. Mass and Weight – what’s gravity got to do with it!
6. Nuclear Power part 1 – how we get electricity from the atom.
7. Nuclear Power part 2 – Time line of an explosion, and nuclear meltdown.
8. Red shift, The Doppler Effect and the Expanding Universe.
9. Samantha the red serpent star, let Sam describe her amazing biology to you.
10. SAR 11 – So just what is the most important life in the ocean?
11. Sir Isaac Newton, William Hershel and fluorescent corals – Ok just what have these in common.
12. So what is electricity – let your students ‘go with the flow’!
13. Sid the Sponge – Don’t take a bath with me, allow Sid to describe himself.
14. That old bar magnet called earth – magnets, solar wind and dead planets.
15. The Blue Dragon
17. The empty sea, a sad but true tale.
18. The immortal jellyfish
Wall display of 30 scientists, each on A4 with a picture, synopsis of life, fun and thought provoking quotes.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Alexander Graham Bell
George Washington Carver
Leonardo da Vinci
Why I am providing so many resources free of charge? I would like to build up my review rating, so please review this product. Thanks