Save time and money with this comprehensive bundle of activities for Coe Booth's novel, Tyrell. These activities are designed to be print and go!
It includes these Tyrell products:
Discussion Questions and Activities:
Tyrell--Discussion Questions and Activities
1. 19 discussion activities that cover every chapter.
2. A pre-reading activity.
3. A culminating activity.
4. Activities designed to help students think about and develop their discussion skills.
5. Activities that focus on building prediction skills.
6. Activities that focus on essential facts and providing textual evidence.
7. Written response assignments with writing prompts.
8. 60+ pages of printables for students.
9. Detailed teacher directions for every activity.
Pre-Reading Activities for Tyrell by Coe Booth
1. 3 pre-reading activities;
2. Activities for different learning styles—watching a video preview, listening to a song, writing, discussing, and thinking, paired and whole class;
3. A Table of Contents that makes materials easy to find;
4. Objectives and Common Core standards for the collection;
5. Detailed directions for each activity.
Tyrell: Hip-Hop Activities
1. A two-page chart, organized by chapter, that lists a song for each artist Tyrell mentions and provides a link to that song's video so students may listen and watch without video commercials or comments. Use it to hook readers--play the songs before or after they read the chapter.
2. A pre-reading activity for chapter 8.
3. An after-reading writing activity for chapter 8 that scaffolds explaining how a hip-hop song applies to the book .
4. A discussion activity for chapter 14 that links the hip-hop artists mentioned in the chapter and the book.
5. A writing assignment for chapter 40 that links the hip-hop songs and the book. This builds on the writing they did for chapter 8.
6. A short extension activity.
7. A full writing-process extension activity. This writing assignment directs students to apply a hip-hop song to the book and to write a brief essay. It builds on earlier assignments. Handouts for the assignment (with links to songs and lyrics), step-by-step writing guide, peer response, revision planning, and culmination are provided. So too is a writing sample and discussion prompts about the writing process.
8. Also included: Objectives, Common Core standards, Notes to Teachers, detailed directions for each activity, and a Table of Contents.
Quizzes and Answer Keys:
Tyrell: Quizzes and Answer Keys
Check your students' understanding of Tyrell with these 12 printables. Use them as short-answer quizzes, comprehension guides, exit tickets, discussion-starters, or homework questions. They cover every chapter.
There is a printable to cover the following chapter clusters:
1. Chapters 1-3
2. Chapters 4-6
3. Chapters 7-8
4. Chapters 9-11
5. Chapters 12-15
6. Chapters 16-19
7. Chapters 20-23
8. Chapters 24-28
9. Chapters 29-31
10. Chapters 32-34
11. Chapters 35-38
12. Chapters 39-42
To learn more, open the full Preview above.
These four products are also sold separately (follow the links above.)
You may also be interested in:
A Long Way Gone--Quizzes and Answer Keys
A Long Way Gone--Hip-Hop Activities
A fictional account of a true Holocaust story:
My Mother's Secret--The Complete Unit
Buyers, did you know that when you leave feedback, you earn credit toward future TpT purchases? Please take a moment to leave meaningful feedback.
Be the first to learn about new products! Click on the green star beside my store logo to become a follower and receive updates about my store.
If you have questions, please email me at WritingbyRachelC@gmail.com
Have a great day,