To prepare a Scoot game…
*Print pages 3- 7.
*Laminate the pages for durability.
*Cut apart the cards.
*Print the cover page and glue it onto a large envelope.
*Print copies of the Recording Sheet, slide 9, for each student.
*Print copies of the Answer Sheet, slide 10.
*Place the cards, Recording Sheets, and Answer Sheets in the envelope for safe storage.
To play Scoot…
1. Place the cards around the room face down in front of each student. If you wish to use all the cards, simply double-up cards in front of some students if needed.
2. Give each student a Recording sheet, or simply have each student number a sheet of paper from 1-30 (or however many cards you choose to use).
3. Students begin by answering the card(s) in front of them, writing their answer(s) on their paper next to the matching number.
4. After an appropriate amount of time, call “SCOOT!” and students turn the card(s) face down and move to the next place where they read the card and write their answer.
5. Play continues in this manner until all items have been answered or time runs out.
6. Collect the student sheets to assess yourself or check them together in class.
Alternate Uses for these Cards…
*Scatter the cards around the room and have students walk the room to locate them to answer.
*Place them in a literacy center as a sorting activity. Sorting category mats are provided on slides 11-12. QR Codes are on each card for self-checking.
*Slide 8 contains blank cards for you to program. Simply write your own synonyms or antonyms on each card and add them to your set.