OCEAN LIFE: UNDER THE SEA ACTIVITIES contains 17 different activities from various areas of the curriculum that are based around an ocean life theme. All the teacher-created activities are in PDF format and are ready for you to print and enjoy.
1. Shark Sizes: Put the sharks in order from the shortest to the longest by writing the number in the box.
2. If I Could Be A Sea Creature: If you could be any creature that lives in the sea, what would you be and why?
3. Shark / Fish Venn Diagram: Sort out the characteristic cards according to whether they describe a shark, fish or both. Place them in the correct part of Venn diagram.
4. Hermit Crab Diagram: Label the parts of a hermit crab using the words in the box.
5. Starfish Synonyms: Match each starfish cutout to its correct synonym on the page.
6. Measurement Match Up: Match the fish bowls with the unit of measurement to the fish with the correct abbreviation (not pictured)
7. Rhyming Fish: Match together the fish cut out with it's rhyming fish partner on the page.
8. Initial Sound Activity: Circle the letter or letters that make the initial sound in each of the words pictured.
9. Fishin' Addition: Draw a line from the addition problem to the fish with the correct sum.
10. Colorful Fish Graph: Use colored Goldfish cracker to complete this graph.
11. 100's Chart Design: Find each number from the list on the hundreds chart. Color in the box for each number given. What ocean related design did you make?
12. Fish Bowl Math Mats: Math mats shaped like goldfish bowls to be used with fish counters or Goldfish crackers.
13. Fishing for Words: Sort out the alphabet fish according to vowels and consonants. Keeping them in their correct piles turn them all upside down. Take turns drawing 2 vowel fish and three to five consonant fish at a time. See how many words you can
make with the fish you "caught". (not pictured)
14. Sea Life Sort: Sort the sea life cutouts according to the haracteristics listed on the sea life sort page.
15. Shark or Fish Venn Diagram: Place the characteristic cards describing fish, sharks or both into the correct place on the Venn diagram
16. ABC Order Sharks: Place the shark name cards in alphabetical order
17. Shark Diagram: Label the parts of a shark using the words in the box.
18. Binder Cover
19. Activity Letter (explains how to do each activity)