The center activities provide practice and reinforcement of non-phonetic sight words: I, to, do, of, & the
This set includes 20 activities (4 per word), allowing for a range of interactive exploration. Center activities can be laminated for long term use, or used immediately after printing. Sight words are presented in a sequenced order, giving time for emerging readers to build mastery.
• Four activities for each sight word are included
• Each word has: a multisensory word building mat, a concentration card game, a self-checking reading/matching puzzle, and a tracing/matching sheet
• Sight word cards are provided, to assist students in creating mental images of the words
• B/W and color versions of material are included
• Written directions and numerous photos demonstrate the activities
• Centers can be applied in a variety of ways, offering extended practice to aid in sight word retention
• When teaching one new sight word a week, this unit provides 5 weeks of center activities
The Sight Word Center Activities
can be used as stand alone activities, or in combination with my other Unit 1 Packages, for a comprehensive unit of study. Packages available include: Worksheets & Hands-on Activities
, Sight Word Readers
, Pocket Chart Material
, and Center Activities
. Choose only the parts you need or select the BUNDLE
for the best value. These resources are ideal for primary classes, remedial instruction, homeschool lessons, or tutoring.
Thanks for looking at the Multisensory Sight Word Readers! I am super excited to offer these resources. More units and products are currently under way. If you would like to hear about product launches, please be sure to click on the “Follow Me” star icon, under our store name.
To Literacy and Beyond!