This 21-day, comprehensive unit on A Raisin in the Sun includes:
- Guided notes handouts for all 21 days, as well as 21 formal lesson plans and ppt presentations that guide through the lessons.
- An essential question to focus students' thinking throughout the unit: How does growing up affect our dreams?
- Guided reading questions for each chapter
- CCSS-aligned lesson objectives, covering:
> Historical context: Civil Rights period
> Lorraine Hansbury bio
> Langston Hughes poem "A Raisin in the Sun"
> Discussions about the "American dream"
> Character Motive
> Character Profiles
> Author's Purpose
> Analyzing/Comparing to Non-Fiction Text: Frederick Douglass
- A summative writing assignment (asking students to answer the essential question from the beginning of the unit).