Also included in
- Are you struggling to cover all your standards due to a lack of time? Save your time and energy with this ELA and American History Integrated Bundle. These resources combine language arts and social studies standards for you to use in your 4th, 5th, & 6th grade classrooms. These integrated units$177.60$222.00Save $44.40
U.S. Civics & Government and Language Arts Resource Bundle Set
This integrated bundle has everything you need to teach U.S. Civics & Government and language arts skills at the same time! The bundle includes 5 separate resources that include a nonfiction/informational texts unit on civics and government, a paired passages set with an opinion writing prompt, a citizen action plan research project, a set of pre-written exit tickets, and a social studies review/center activity.
Teachers can use these resources for:
- primary instruction of social studies standards on government and civics
- close reading
- informational text reading comprehension
- opinion/argumentative text-based writing practice (test prep)
- formative assessment
- summative assessment
Teachers can also cover technology standards in writing by having students research online and use technology to create their final projects.
U.S. Government & Civics Flipbook Unit comes with 8 lessons with activities, as well as a summative unit test. These lessons are provided in multiple formats (flipbook, folded book, individual lesson pages) so teachers can select the ones that best fit their classroom. This unit covers the 5th grade Florida American history standards on civics and government. PDF & Google Slides formats are included.
School Uniforms & Freedom of Speech Paired Passages Resource includes 4 different informational texts that are paired on school uniforms and freedom of speech. Three texts are included on three reading levels (4th, 5th, & 6th grades). A reading comprehension quiz is included for three texts. In addition, two extended opinion writing prompts are included and require students to use text-evidence in their essay. Teachers can adjust this unit to meet the needs of students in upper elementary and a middle school civics class. PDF & Google Slides formats are included.
Citizen Action Plan Research Unit allows students to select a problem in their community, research it, and develop a solution.
- Teachers can decide whether or not students actually carry out their plan or just research it.
- Students can present their plans in order to meet speech & language standards.
- Students can work with a partner or small group.
- PDF & Google Slides formats are included.
Civics & Government Exit Tickets are a great way to included formative assessments after each lesson. Use these pre-written exit tickets to have students check their understanding of the lesson's main ideas. The exit tickets can also be used for bell ringers, spiral review, homework, morning work, task cards, or partner work. This resource includes a set of 20 exit tickets with 1 - 3 questions on each. A blank template is also included. PDF & Google Slides formats are included.
Civics & Government Clip Cards Activity is a fun and engaging way for students to practice learning about civics & government. Students clip a clothespin or paper clip onto an answer choice, then flip the card over to self-check! This activity can be used as a center, early finisher activity, or a partner activity. Some teachers have even used these as homework for students who need more practice! The cards will last a long time if they are printed on card stock and laminated.
Answers keys are included. The resources were designed to be used with 4th - 7th grades.
The teaching time of these resources depends upon a number of factors. Teachers can also pick and choose which activities they want to use.