“U.S. Civil Rights Time- line” For Students with Blindness
This educational resource pack includes:
Text Exemplar: “U.S. Civil Rights Time- line”
● Modified for students with visual impairments with: braille and audio prompts. Students may require braille or tactile learning or the use of a computer with voice synthesizer. Visually impaired will also require enlarged print. Braille is demonstrated with tennis balls and muffin pans.
● Based on Depth of Knowledge – Four Levels regarding: recalling, summarizing, drawing conclusions, and connecting.
● Fill in the Blanks Test
● ESSA -Well -Rounded concept: Reading, Writing and Informational Text
● Guided Writing Practice (Key Words model)
● Red print relates to notes for the teacher, parent or self-instruction.
● Certificate of Achievement is available for students that finish the resource pack satisfactorily
● Sound icon˲ signals that audio is available. Click on the icon for a m4a recording.
Students may require braille or tactile learning or the use of a computer with voice synthesizer. Visually impaired will also require enlarged print.
Here is a link for teaching strategies for students with Blindness or Visual Impairments: