This information-based PowerPoint surveys the period of the U.S. Civil War, from South Carolina's secession in 1860 to the surrender at Appomattox Court House and Lincoln's assassination in 1865. The 26-slide PowerPoint not only surveys the major battles, tactics and flow of the war, it covers:
* The reason the South seceded
* Why Lincoln didn't just let the South go
* Economic impact of the war
* Technological innovations during the war
* Social and medical chances during the war
* The impact of the war on civil liberties in the North
* Democratic opposition to the war in the North
* War crimes on both sides
* The Dakota War and Sand Creek massacre
* The Emancipation Proclamation and slavery
* The Homestead Act
* The "Lost Cause"
Most slides have pictures. 26 slides in all.