This is a comprehensive Colonial America bundle is loaded with new, common core activities that are guided by key concepts for Social Science. At a reduced price for the first month!
This packet has vigor and fun with tons of Common Core options to teach about the 13 Colonies in America. Teachers can pick and choose from notes formats, Common Core readings and worksheets, projects and activities that fit your needs and teaching style the best. The packet includes:
★I. Content Instruction: The content in this bundle is not just a random selection of activities with unclear expectations. Instructional content was designed with the framework of the key concepts of U.S. history, including geographic expansion and political, social and economic development.
1. Colonial Government Cloze Notes, PowerPoint and Activity Set
2. US Colonies Historical Snapshot Close Reading
3. US Colonies Interactive PowerPoint Satellite Map
★II. Student Driven Activities, Guided Practice and Common Core Readings for Teaching about the American Colonies:
1. US Colonies Stations
2. Instagram from the US Colonies
4. Jamestown Survivor-close reading, graphing activity and game!
Common Core Writing Activity for War and Negotiations of Westward Expansion
5. Thanksgiving Exposed! The True Story Behind Thanksgiving
close reading, annotation guide and graphic organizer!
6. Colonies Activity Set
Includes a matching card game, PowerPoint driven class game and three assignment options!
8. Who was in the original 13? A visual pie chart analysis of the population of the original US colonies.
9. Comparing the North and South Colonies Venn diagram
★III. Assessments and Review
1. Colonial America Test and Quiz
Students read excerpts, select evidence and defend claims in a multiple choice format. Comes with key!!!
2. A Fantastic Key Concept Match Activity, with graphic organizers, a matching assignment and writing guides with 3 options
3. An great collaborative review! Students support statements with evidence and write commentary! It comes with evidence excerpts from the material in this unit!
★★★Check Out The Preview for a Closer Look!
Tony Pavlovich, Instructomania