U.S. CONSTITUTION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK MINI UNIT:
U.S. Constitution is a Literacy-Based U.S. Constitution Mini Unit that teaches students about the United States Constitution with a COMPLETE Common Core-aligned U.S. Constitution lesson, lower and higher level hands-on U.S. Constitution activities, and FOUR U.S. Constitution Interactive Notebook assignments (Perfect for Constitution Day!)
THE U.S. CONSTITUTION INTERACTIVE MINI UNIT INCLUDES:
• U.S. Constitution nonfiction informational text-all CONTENT included!
• Constitution Questions to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• thought-provoking U.S. Constitution Discussion Questions
• Famous People: George Washington Biography
• Reference Map Skills using Number Coordinates to map the National Mall
• Compare/Contrast Expository Paragraph-we take students through Writing Process!
• U.S. Constitution Vocabulary Quizzes (2)
Students will then use the U.S. Constitution lesson content to create:
• U.S. Constitution Vocabulary Organizers (Interactive Notebook)
• Interactive Time Lines (Interactive Notebook)
• Constitution History Cube (Interactive Notebook)
• Interactive Venn Diagram (Interactive Notebook)
U.S. Constitution, aligned with the 3rd-5th grade Common Core READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards (See Preview for Standard Alignment), includes a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the Writing assignments and U.S. Constitution Interactive Notebook assignments.
Download the U.S. Constitution Preview to see the complete Lesson Plan, Common Core Alignment and samples from the lesson and U.S. Constitution activities.
MORE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT RESOURCES
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING THE U.S CONSTITUTION WILL EARN YOU TPT CREDITS TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE AND GIVE US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2011-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.