This lesson is an overview of U.S. foreign wars and conflicts, with a focus on the government’s response. The conflicts involved include: the Mexican American War, the Spanish American War, World War I & II, the Cold War, Korean Conflict, the Vietnam War, Iran Hostage Crisis, Operation Desert Storm, 9/11, the Iraq & Afghanistan Wars, and “War on Terror.” Students will be provided an overview to consider how the American response to war and conflict has changed over the course of its history. Concepts included are: isolationism, neutrality, war powers of the U.S. government, and the expanding role of the U.S. as the “world’s police force.”
• Completed lesson plan with step-by-step instructions
• PowerPoint presentation
• PDF’s provided for Google Doc & MAC users
• Smartboard activity
• Bell ringers
• Cooperative Activity suggestions
• All of these files can be changed to meet your needs
Check out the YouTube video US Foreign Wars & Conflicts that goes with this lesson @ Mr. Raymond’s Civics EOC Academy YouTube channel:
Please note, this product is for personal classroom use by a single teacher. If you would like to copy this product for more than one teacher, please download additional licenses, available at 50% off the original price!
You may not:
• Give this item to others.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item unprotected on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.
While this lesson was designed for students taking the Civics EOC State Exam, it can be used for any Civics, US Government or US History class.