U.S. Geography Bundle
(state capitals, landmarks, directions, map skills)
Your students will love playing detective with U.S. Geography Bundle where they try to find someone who is hiding by eliminating clues one Task Card at a time.
There are 3 units included in the U.S. Geography Bundle with a total of 84 challenging clues. What a fun way to get your students into maps and increase their geography skills while they play detective!
The U.S. Geography Bundle includes the following sets:
• Set #1 • Where’s Wally?
• Set #2 • Where’s Wanda?
• Set #3 • Where’s Woody?
• Students read each Task Card and eliminate one or more cities based on the clue. The clues cover famous landmarks and state capitals as well as fascinating facts about the cities and states. Encourage the use of reference materials and maps in solving the clues.
• They record their answer for each Task Card on the Student’s Answer Sheet by writing the name of the city where the main character is NOT located. If there is a number in parentheses, it lets students know that there is more than one city that should be eliminated and written on the line.
• Then they look at the Student’s Checklist and find the answer, or city, to be eliminated. They place an (X) on the line to eliminate one or more of the possible cities where the main character might be located.
• After all 28 Task Cards have been completed in each set, only one city should be left unmarked – the main character’s location!
In addition to the 28 Task Cards in each set, the U.S. Geography Bundle also includes:
• a Student’s Answer Sheet (to record answers)
• a Student’s Checklist (to eliminate cities based on the clues on the Task Cards )
• an Answer Key
• directions for playing “Scoot” as a whole class
Thanks so much for visiting Pizzazz Learning. If you purchase the U.S. Geography Bundle, I hope your students have lots of fun and learn more about our fifty states while playing detective! As always, I welcome your feedback, comments, and suggestions for new products!
U.S. Geography Bundle by Linda Schwartz © 2017 • Pizzazz Learning
Cover art © Kate Hadfield Designs
Cover border art © kstudija
Looking for a specific skill or activity? Pizzazz Learning has Task Cards, Printables, and Worksheets for the following:
addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, word problems, multi-step word problems, mental math, number patterns, fractions, money, time, place value, reviews, test prep
adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions, verbs, nouns, pronouns, prepositions, subject-verb agreement
context clues, dictionary skills, alphabetical order, contractions, compounds, abbreviations, plurals, lists, proofreading, spelling, punctuation, synonyms, antonyms, rhyming, homophones, prefixes, suffixes, vocabulary, creative writing, reviews, test prep
social issues, U.S. geography, state capitals, world capitals, quiz cards, state trivia, U.S. presidents, famous people, famous women, famous men, famous athletes
superheroes, dogs, sports, fairy tales, birds, plants, kindness, scavenger hunts, mysteries, tolerance, bullies, kindness, word puzzles
Seasons, Holidays, & Special Occasions
beginning of the school year, back-to-school, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Hanukkah, Arbor Day, Chinese New Year, Cinco de Mayo, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Memorial Day, Valentine’s Day, Veteran’s Day, Saint Patrick’s Day, Independence Day, Earth Day
early finishers, gifted and talented, quickie quizzes, critical thinking, creative thinking, quotes, phobias