This Great Lakes States Lapbook is one of a kind! It's doesn't have page after page of blank inserts. ALL the inserts already have information in them for your students to read, learn, and review as they complete this project.
This Lapbook includes matchbooks for 5 Great Lake States:
Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
The matchbooks include a picture of the state's flag, abbreviation, flower and bird. Also included are little flip-outs for each Great Lake. These have pictures of the feature as well as interesting facts.
Also included is a blank printable map of the Great Lakes region of the US. Have your students color it and label with the state names, capitols, cities, mountain ranges, rivers or anything else you are teaching. You could also laminate this map so students can use it to quiz themselves with a dry erase marker.
National Geography Standards
NSS-G.K-12.1 THE WORLD IN SPATIAL TERMS
• Understand how to use maps and other geographic representations, tools, and technologies to acquire, process, and report information from a spatial perspective.
• Understand how to use mental maps to organize information about people, places, and environments in a spatial context.
• Understand how to analyze the spatial organization of people, places, and environments on Earth's surface. - See more at: http://www.educationworld.com/standards/national/soc_sci/geography/k_12.shtml#sthash.BbEf4z1C.dpuf
NSS-G.K-12.2 PLACES AND REGIONS
• Understand the physical and human characteristics of places.
• Understand that people create regions to interpret Earth's complexity.
• Understand how culture and experience influence people's perceptions of places and regions. -
Check out my other US Geography Regional Lapbooks!
Southeast States Lapbook
Rocky Mountain States Lapbook
Plains States Lapbook
Pacific Northwest States Lapbook
New England States Lapbook
Mid-atlantic States Lapbook
Southwest States Lapbook
If you like this lapbook please leave me a comment and rating!