Be sure that you have an application to open
this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
13 MB|20 pages
In this lesson your students will learn about the role of public opinion in U.S. Government and how a person's public opinion (about public policy) gets formed. Your students will:
1) Watch a short warm-up video on Public Policy Opinions ~The Left V. The Right~ and will complete a corresponding worksheet. (link included)
2) Complete a notes organizer as the teacher goes through a short FULL COLOR powerpoint on the definition of Public Opinion, why it matters and how a person's public opinions get formed.
3) Take a short survey to gauge their placement on a public policy spectrum.
4) Read an article on the top 20 Public Policy Issues and how Conservatives and Liberals feel about each issue and complete a corresponding chart.
5) Complete an EXIT CARD "Dialogue Poem" comparing Conservatives V. Liberals.
Follow My Store!
Follow my store... simply click on “follow me” under Learning is a Passion on the top of my store page. You will be the first to receive notifications when I post awesome new products and have sales.
Leave Feedback and Earn Credits
Don’t forget to leave positive feedback after you purchase a product! Leaving feedback will earn you "credits" which can be used for discounts on future purchases. I would very much appreciate your positive comments!