Also included in
- This includes 250 (newly updated!) bell ringers (bellringers), warm ups, or do nows, that center around primary source analysis. (A BUNDLE of my Bellringers from the 1st part of U.S. History and my Bellringers of the 2nd part of U.S. History ). Each slide includes a primary source that has been edit$20.95$29.90Save $8.95
- This is a full year bundle for the first half of U.S History - from Exploration through Reconstruction. This bundle is a product of 19 years of teaching experience. I've been teaching these subjects throughout that time, and the products listed here represent my expertise as a classroom teacher. Thi$224.95$333.65Save $108.70
- This is a custom bundle for Kelly T. It includes the following:The Meeting of the WorldsThe ConstitutionThe Early PresidentsWestward MovementThe Era of ReformEvents Leading to the Civil WarThe Civil WarReconstructionPrimary Source DBQ Bell Ringers 1st Half US HistoryI've also included the unit outli$159.95$239.65Save $79.70
This includes 125 bell ringers (bellringers), warm ups, or do nows, that center around primary source analysis. Each slide included a primary source that has been edited to make it accessible to students in grades 7 through 10. They are organized in a logical chronological order through the first half of U.S. History (from first settlement/ Native Americans to Reconstruction). Each slide includes a source in case you want to investigate further or if students have more questions.
I carefully chose real primary sources that would compel your students to think. The questions are based on the source. The source is not added as a decorative flair, instead, the students have to read through the information or visual and process that information to come up with their answer. Each document has one or two questions that should be seen as discussion starters. The questions start the discussion, but you and your students must facilitate it further!
These are meant to be bell ringers - therefore, the question-answer time should last about 5 minutes. Some questions are related to comprehension, while others are based on historical thinking and reasoning skills. Because the questions are editable, you can always change the question to meet the needs of your classroom.
I highly recommend using bell ringers as a way to jumpstart cooperative learning every day in your classroom. When students come in at the beginning of class, they always want to talk, and these documents provide a way for you to structure that conversation.
I've provided a list of 5 possible ways to utilize these in your classroom to facilitate cooperative and independent learning.
- 125 Bellringers (1 per slide with one or two questions each)
- A lesson plan that includes a list of all of the sources.
- Helpful hints and ideas for implementation
- A link to a Google Slides version of the bell ringers. Look for the link in the lesson plan.
- A PowerPoint version of the bell ringers.
Tips for Customers:
Follow my store to be the first to know when I launch new products. Simply click the little green star next to my name, and my new products will appear on the front page of your TPT account.
Did you know you can earn TPT credit towards future purchases?
Make sure you’re logged into your account and find your My Purchases page. For each purchase you’ve made, make sure to leave feedback. This feedback earns you credit towards future purchases - it’s like free TPT money! Feedback is very important to me, as it helps me to create new products. If you have any questions regarding a TPT product you’ve purchased from me, simply e-mail me at email@example.com
You can find more Social Studies resources, links, and discussion at my blog - peacefieldhistory.com