Start your U.S. History course strong with 36 1-page-or-less, high-interest primary source documents from Jamestown and the Revolutionary War to the abolitionism movement and westward expansion to Reconstruction and the Gilded Age, each with a tailored graphic organizer and answer key, using for the effective HIPPOS method:
oint of View
Easily add more rigor and dimension to the units you already have by including these very accessible, insightful, and impassioned voices along with a simple framework to get students thinking deeply about the past!
Included in each HIPPOS 6-Pack:
- Six thematically related documents (includes editable Word version!) that tell a multi-faceted story of that era
- Tailored HIPPOS graphic organizer (also in editable Word version!), extension questions, and teacher answer key for each document
- Detailed step-by-step lesson plans focused by a driving question
- How-to annotating skill sheet
- Conceptual definition activity to deepen your students' thematic understanding
Included in this Bundle:
analyze the rough start of the English colonists, the enslaved Africans, and the invaded Indians.
juxtapose the declared values of democracy with the arguments of its outsiders.
Era of Reform:
hear the impassioned voices for change.
explore the mania and the mayhem created out West.
evaluate the successes of national policy on the individual in post-Civil War America.
Gilded Age Labor:
hear the voices of those who felt unheard in this age of wealth.
Want Second Semester's Bundle?
HIPPOS Primary Source Bundle Volume 2
hear the voices of the Progressive Era through the Vietnam War