U.S. History Nonfiction Informational Text with 9 COMPLETE AMERICAN HISTORY UNITS (93 U.S. HISTORY LESSONS) AND 185 INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS.
We've included a balanced mix of lower and higher-level hands-on Common Core-aligned activities to learn about American History from 1451-1921:
• Nonfiction Informational American History text-we provide all CONTENT!
• Questions after each and every lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Thought-provoking Discussion Questions to encourage Critical Thinking
• Reference Mapping using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
• Latitude and Longitude Mapping-lines of Latitude, Longitude, the Equator, Prime Meridian
• Grid Maps utilizing Ordered Pairs on a Coordinate Grid
• Analyzing and Creating Scale Maps to trace famous routes, trails, and voyages
• Graphic Organizers-KWLH Charts, Venn Diagrams, Circle Charts, etc
• Expository, Persuasive, Creative Writing-we take students through entire process!
• Journal Writing utilizing Close Reading and Text Features to increase Comprehension
• Primary and Secondary Source Differentiation
• Primary and Secondary American History research projects
• Time Lines utilizing Picture Cues-great for ELL Students!
• American History Vocabulary Quizzes
• and SO MUCH MORE!
In addition, students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by creating 3D Models of Carpenter Hall, a Viking Ship, a Globe, and a Log Cabin-all patterns and step-by-step directions included!
OUR AMERICAN HISTORY BUNDLE INCLUDES 9 AMERICAN HISTORY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNITS:
NEW WORLD EXPLORERS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT (ADDED 2/2017)
SPANISH EXPLORERS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT(ADDED 2/2017)
13 COLONIES INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT (ADDED 1/2017)
AMERICAN GOVERNMENT INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT (ADDED 2/2017)
AMERICAN REVOLUTION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT (ADDED 10/2016)
SLAVERY IN AMERICA INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT (ADDED 1/2017)
CIVIL WAR INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT (ADDED 1/2017)
WESTWARD EXPANSION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT (ADDED 11/2016)
WORLD WAR I INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT (ADDED 3/2017)
Each American History Lesson takes 2-3 days to complete, providing you with enough American History instruction for an ENTIRE YEAR for less than $1.25 per Lesson!
THIS AMERICAN HISTORY BUNDLE IS GROWING!
Each time we finish creating another American History Interactive Unit (American Revolution and Westward Expansion Interactive Notebook Units added in October and November 2016; Thirteen Colonies, Civil War, and Slavery Interactive Notebook Units added in January 2017; New World Explorers, Spanish Explorers, and American Government Interactive Notebook Units added in February 2017, World War I added in March 2017), we'll add it to the American History Bundle and all Buyers will be notified! The price will go up, but you won't have to pay one cent more.
American History, aligned with the 3rd-5th Grade Common Core READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards (see Previews of each Unit for Standard Alignment), includes context-appropriate American History Glossaries, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for all of the higher-level activities and Interactive Notebook assignments.
Click on each American History Interactive Notebook Unit to learn more. Download each Unit's Preview file so you can view the Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Common Core Alignment, and sample Lessons, Activities, and Interactive Notebook Assignments.
Purchasing our American History Bundle saves you time and money! Purchased separately, each of the 9 American History units would cost you over $192.00!!
RATING THIS AMERICAN HISTORY BUNDLE EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2013-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.