This unit plan contains daily activities for an 11th grade US History class to guide the class from colonialism to the Reconstruction Era after the Civil War. This unit was designed to go very quickly through the content because the information should be mostly review from middle school.
There are several extension activity suggestions included in the teacher instructions if you would like to spend more time on a particular topic.
The activities for this unit are mostly based on discussion, activity, and peer work. There is very little content lecturing by the teacher, mostly just the facilitation of discussions.
All items are in Microsoft Word and Power Point so they should be easily modified to your needs.
• Outline of Daily Activities with teacher instructions. There are also suggestions for extension activities.
• Student Survey
• Cornell Notes Scoring Rubric
• Cornell Notes Power Point
• Pre Assessment Game Power Point
• Colonial Ad Group activity overview
• Road to Revolution partner activity Power Point
• Declaration of Independence Analysis activity Power Point
• Articles of Confederation Mini Lecture Power Point and synthesis activity
• Separation of Powers Jigsaw Activity and Federalists vs Anti-Federalist Power Point
• Manifest Destiny Power Point with a POV activity and categorization practice
• A Dividing Nation Power Point with a conflict and compromise timeline activity
• The Challenges of Reconstruction- guided image analysis activity Power Point
• Fun video clip recommendations
*All Items are editable
• Textbooks and laptops or computer lab access for research
• Photocopies of handouts
• Ability to project information- LCD projector