- Product Description
I hope you are all staying well during the Covid crisis. The price of the course has been decreased to help everyone out. I am currently using this course for distance learning and it is going well. The paperless packages are a great option for students. In addition, I am allowing kids to complete a printed version of the package and then send it to me as a scanned pdf. using a scanning app ("Microsoft Lens," and, "Adobe Scan," work great - much better than receiving pictures of their work). Stay well!
- What is the American Dream? Is it a developing story or an already defined ideal? Is the American Dream real or a utopian philosophy? This course takes an in-depth look at the Dream through the study of the nation from the Original Colonies to the present.
- There is even an intro project and year-end culminating project entitled, “The American Dream in Real Life.”
- The course is most often aligned with Gr. 10 or Gr. 11 American History (depending on the state).
- BIG UPDATE!!! All the activity packages are now also provided in PAPERLESS format! Students can simply complete the paperless packages using Adobe Reader! In addition, access to 17 Google quizzes is provided. These quizzes are based on each of the activity packages.
- New "Primary and Secondary Resource Analysis Activity" provided. Works for any unit!
- "Fact or Fiction" investigations have a new improved format.
- "Civil War Virtual Museum" activity. Very meaningful and interesting activity.
- Free access to "Class Flow" online quizzes now provided!
- 29 new files added to Unit 5! Buy now while the price is low to get lifetime updates!
- Some add-ons to the very popular stock market game!
- "Life in the Colonies Virtual Museum Assignment"
Check out the free downloads! Common core expectations document matching course activities to expectations included in preview. All teacher unit guides included as well - so you see everything that you will get with the purchase!
- Very clear teacher user guides with extension ideas as well!
- Over 195+ files! Over 1000+ slides and pages of learning!
- Very clear and well-organized teacher unit guides (see free download!). ANSWER KEYS! In-depth and very helpful (see free download!).
- Course utilizes many engaging online resources (eg. interactive mapping, primary video clips, simulations, articles etc.) including a free online textbook (ushistory.org)!
- Exceptional online mapping website used in some activities (5% of the activities)! (map-as-history.com). Small subscription with this website or simply use my answer key for those activities if you don't want to purchase a subscription. Your choice!
- Many primary resources incorporated into the activities.
- Includes many Common Core aligned resources - check out the free download!
Each unit is organized into thematic activity packages (17 in total!) complemented by diverse evaluations (eg. "Re-Tweeting the Emancipation Proclamation"). Very clear teacher guides also included!
- The Original Colonies, Life in the Colonies, the Road to Revolution, the American Revolution, the Antebellum Period, the Civil War, Post-Civil War America, America at the Turn of the Century, the Great War, the Roaring Twenties, the Great Depression, World War Two (Plus Bonus Enrichment Bundle), the Cold War, the Civil Rights Era, Politics of Distrust and A New America Emerges.
- 3 tests with answer keys.
- Full exam with answer key.
- Introductory activities including, “The American Dream in Real Life.”
- Informal transition games for review or simply to get students physically moving!
- Many differentiated evaluations (eg. Twitter Dialogue, “Fact or Fiction” Investigations, Facebook templates).
- Engaging Discussions.
- Clear rubrics.
- A folder full of generic activities that can be used in a variety of different ways! Including a DBQ Guide.
Not ready for the complete course yet? Check out the units and bundles below: