This guide follows the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) outline for teaching government and citizenship for 8th grade students.
What’s Include in this Guide?
- The Government and Citizenship Reporting Category
- Social Studies, Grade 8, TEKS
- Released STAAR Questions
- Academic Vocabulary
- Practice Activities
- Visuals, charts, and graphics
Ways to use this Guide:
- Book for students to use during the government unit or throughout the school year
- Teachers can use the guide to check for student understanding.
- Tool for students to use in the classroom and/or at home.
- Parents can use this guide to help students at home.
- Provide a guide for teachers that are new to the 8th grade social studies curriculum.
- Help teachers work through challenging TEKS or often tested TEKS.