US History I is fun, fast-paced game that challenges students in groups of four to six players to answer trivia-style questions pertaining to general aspects of a beginning study of U.S.history: geography, American Indians, early exploration of the New World, famous explorers, colonial life, the American Revolution, the Constitution, the first five presidents, inventions, and the Abolitionist movement. Questions range from easy (Name six of the seven continents) to challenging (During whose presidency was a doctrine issued warning European nations to stay out of the Western Hemisphere?), and review most Common Core standards for middle school-level social studies in this topic.
This game requires a minimal set-up from teachers: Simply print and cut out the cards to form a standard deck for four to six players. To make the cards last as long as possible, lamination is recommended, but not necessary for actual game play.
Included are the following:
- Complete instructions
- Five sheets of 10 cards each to print and cut
- One sheet of 90 soldiers to print and cut*
- One template for a card box to print, cut and glue
- One sheet of card backs with logo to print on the opposite side of the cards
* While this complementary sheet is included for your convenience, students truly get into the spirit of the game if you can supply plastic soldiers, which can be purchased at most dollar stores.
The thumbnail pictures are of the English review version of this game, but provide an accurate depiction of how the US History I game will look after printing and assembly.