This 60 minute lesson for middle school students helps them answer the following questions:
• What was going on in Salem, MA before the Salem Witch Trial time period began?
• What is thought to have caused the Salem Witch Trials?
• Who were affected by the Salem Witch Trials?
• How were they affected and what caused their symptoms?
• How was the problem of “witchcraft” deal with by the Puritans?
• How did the Salem Witch Trials finally end?
This lesson provides teachers with a warm-up activity, individual/guided practice activities, lesson extensions, handouts, and project ideas.The Bulk of this lesson will require view a video, engage in a classroom discussion, and complete various tasks found on the attached handout in pairs.
Like us on Facebook!