This 60-minute lesson for middle school students will help them understand US History during the Salem Witch Trial period.
This lesson provides teachers with a warm-up activity, individual/guided practice activities, lesson extensions, handouts, and project ideas.The Bulk of this lesson will require view a video, engage in a classroom discussion, and complete various tasks found on the attached handout in pairs.
At the end of the lesson, students are expected to answer the following questions:
• What was going on in Salem, MA before the Salem Witch Trial time period began?
• What is thought to have caused the Salem Witch Trials?
• Who were affected by the Salem Witch Trials?
• How were they affected and what caused their symptoms?
• How was the problem of “witchcraft” deal with by the Puritans?
• How did the Salem Witch Trials finally end?
Extension plans are also provided as alternatives for classrooms with more time per lesson or as extension opportunities for advanced students.
Like us on Facebook!