This lesson is designed to last for an hour of class time or longer. Students will be provided with background information about major battles and conflicts during the Civil War. They will show what they know by completing engaging classroom activities and answering various depths of knowledge of questions related to the lesson.
At the end of this lesson, students are expected to answer the following questions:
● What were the major battles / conflicts during the Civil War?
● When and where did the battles take place?
● Who won the battles?
● Why were these battles considered to be major?
● Which key people were involved in these battles?
● What effect did these battles have on the people and events during the time period?
This lesson will provide students with a classroom activity, lesson extension, and project ideas. The main lesson will require students to break up into learning groups and answer various open-ended questions. Once they have completed these questions they will engage in a group discussion.
Like us on Facebook by clicking the link below
Social Studies Studio Facebook