This lesson is designed to last for an hour of class time or longer. Students will be provided with background information about soldiers returning from home. They will show what they know by completing engaging classroom activities and answering various depths of knowledge of questions related to the lesson.
At the end of this lesson, students are expected to answer the following questions:
● What are the U.S. consequences after World War II?
● How are international alliances affected, and how does this lead to the Cold War?
● How is the U.S. impacted economically after World War II?
● How are states affected after World War II?
● How is culture changed and affected after World War II?
● How are African-Americans, women, military personnel and civilian populations affected after World War II? How does this lead to the Civil War?
● What societal changes occurred post-World War II?
● How are perspectives towards government affected after World War II?
Students will use handouts and other sources of information to answer thee questions. They will follow this up by writing a telegraph and related it to the lesson! This is highly engaging and recommended.
Like us on Facebook by clicking the link below
Social Studies Studio Facebook