This lesson is designed to last for an hour of class time or longer. Students will be provided with background information about the War of 1812. They will show what they know by completing engaging classroom activities.
At the end of this lesson, students are expected to answer the following questions:
● What caused the War of 1812?
● Who was involved?
● What are some main events during this war?
● Who won? Why did they win?
● What signified the end of the war?
● What were the effects of the War of 1812?
● Which relationships were affected by the war?
This lesson will challenge students to show what they know by breaking up into small groups and create a presentation related to the War in 1812. Once their presentation has been created they will be given the opportunity to present. This lesson features a warm-up, detailed directions, and handouts.
Like us on Facebook by clicking the link below
Social Studies Studio Facebook