Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Upgrade your U.S. History course this year with this project-based learning course MEGA BUNDLE!
Included in this growing bundle are four thematically crafted content units to take your class from America’s foundations to present day, a back-to-school kick-off project and geography test series unit, and 5 stand-alone projects that will allow you to turn any unit you already have into PBL unit.
Download the FREE Course Overview and Suggested Calendar to decide if PBL is a great fit for your students!
Also, download these FREE lessons to sample before you buy:
Voting & Representation Art Analysis from the America's Founding Values unit
"The New Colossus" Poetry Analysis from the America's Immigrant Story unit
Project-based teaching brings focused rigor and much more real-world dimension to your daily lessons with relevant, thought-provoking enduring American themes and real-world skills guiding your instruction, rather than the rigid chronology and soul-sucking memorization of a traditional history class. And the personalized, authentic products students create are so inspiring. It has revolutionized my role and impact as a teacher, reenergizing my purpose and drive, and I hope it will for you too!
This growing bundle will always include everything U.S. History PBL-related in my store. You will have access to all future products at no additional cost with this listing! Most units to come in 2018.
Purchase now and save before it grows again!
Included in this course mega bundle:
Course Overview and Suggested Calendar: a FREE at-a-glance explanation of course; just click the link!
5 Complete PBL Units >>> Share the America story through its enduring themes!
US Geography PBL Project: 6 Degrees of Separation "Selfie" Challenge warm up critical thinking, writing, and geography skills with this real-world sociology experiment to start your school year off right! (1-2 weeks)
US Geography Test Bundle: Political & Physical: continue by ensuring your students know the 50 states, largest cities, and geographic features in just a handful of class periods (1-2 weeks total)
America’s Founding Values: explore the founders of America, from 1600s colonists to 1800s activists, and their core values in order to develop one’s own goal and motivational plan of action for the school year (5-7 weeks)
America’s Immigrant Story: explore the American story of diversity and hard work through the words and statistics of immigrants, Ellis Island to Angel Island, to create and preserve an oral history of their own (4-6 weeks)
America’s Protest Movements: be inspired by 1900s activists, the Silent Sentinels to Alcatraz Occupiers, to develop one’s own statement of protest or support (4-6 weeks)
America's Heroes: explore what it means to be a hero from Madam CJ Walker to John Glenn in order to nominate one’s own hero for the Presidental Medal of Freedom (4-6 weeks)
In addition, all smaller product and mini unit listings of each main unit are all also included! Perfect for customizing to your students' needs and time constraints!
5 Stand-Alone Projects >>> Turn your already-made units into PBL!
Note to Homeschoolers
Though the included teacher lesson plans and PPT slides are written to fully support a traditional classroom teacher, this course is also a great fit for your teenage homeschooler:
- the inquiry, thematic structure of these units are driven more by critical thinking, reading, and writing skills and a central high-interest question than any one set of state-specific, grade-specific content standards
- a wide age and ability range can easily access the rich variety of sources utilized in these units, making it perfect for a multi-grade group
- your student’s voice is central to each activity, through talking out their learning, maximizing the one-on-one
- activities can be completed independently and aren’t solely reliant on group or whole-class work
- all utilized sources are free online or, occasionally, inexpensive and easily obtainable at your local library or purchased used through Amazon (links provided)
- these units are independent of a textbook, though one could be used for greater background knowledge
- any activity can easily be left out to customize for your student’s skill level or personal interest