Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This product includes 195 U.S. History warm-ups (bellringers), enough for an entire year! The warm-ups include critical thinking prompts, content review, and questions to tap into students' prior knowledge. Open each day with a prompt to engage your students and help them review and think about content they are learning. Warm-ups include images, several common core themes (and many more!), and come with keys when appropriate. The warm-ups are divided into two PDF files- Semester 1, which covers the foundations of the country through 1920 and Semester 2, which covers 1920-Present Day. Each file is organized by unit and I have included a table of contents for each semester that will allow you to easily identify and use these warm-ups in your classroom no matter what order you teach your content. I have also included an editable template so you can add to your collection of your warm-ups/bellringers. These prompts are simple to project in presentation form or print for students in your classroom. You can also use prompts as exit slips or tickets out the door. I use them during the first few minutes of class to get my students engaged while I take attendance and check homework- it's a great classroom routine! Check out the specific categories and units below to see what is included.
Warm-Ups By Topic
Semester 1: 90 Warm-Ups
1. 1st Week of School- Get to Know Your Students (History related)- 5 WUs
2. Foundations of the Country (Colonies to Constitution)- 17 WUs
3. The New Nation (1790s-1861)- 13 WUs
4. The Civil War and Reconstruction- 13WUs
5. Industrialization and Immigration (1870s-1910s)- 15 WUs
6. Progressive Era and the Rise of America as a World Power- 14 WUs
7. World War 1- 13 WUs
Semester 2: 105 Warm-Ups
1. The 1920s (12 Warm-Ups)
2. The Great Depression and the 1930s (11 Warm-Ups)
3. World War II- (14 Warm-Ups)
4. Post-War World and the Roots of the Cold War- late 40s and 50s- (18 Warm-Ups)
5. Civil Rights- 1950s-1970s- (16 Warm-Ups)
6. The 1960s/Vietnam War (12 Warm-Ups)
7. The 1970s- Nixon-Carter (8 Warm-Ups)
8. The 1980s to Present Day (14 Warm-Ups)
*Please note: The warm-ups come in PDF format to secure photos and allow you to see all fonts. You can easily play them as a slideshow by clicking "view" and then "slideshow" if you have a Mac or "view" and then "full screen mode" if you have a PC. If you would like to create your own additional warm-ups, I have included an editable pptx format that matches the PDF theme.
You save 10% by purchasing this full-year warm-up bundle, but if you are interested in purchasing a semester separately, you can click the following links:
Check out these other great U.S. History and U.S. Government resources, available in my store:
Earn credits for your valuable feedback!
After you purchase a product, return to your “My Purchases” page and provide feedback on this product. You’ll earn credits, which will give you discounts on your future TPT purchases. Your positive feedback is always appreciated!
Visit my store and click on the green star to follow me and receive product updates: Holly's Social Studies Store.
You can also follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.