This 45-60 minute lesson plan helps students answer the following questions:
• What kinds of differences were there between people who lived in the North and people who lived in the South in the years before the Civil War?
• Why were these differences a major issue?
• How were the North and South similar?
• What changes were happening in the country during this time period?
Students will also create a Venn diagram: Life in the North/Life in the South.
• The students will fill in their Venn diagrams as they rotate to four stations (five minutes each) to do research
Please like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/Social-Studies-Studio-1118804474859091/