This 45-60 minute lesson plan helps students answer the following questions:
• What kinds of differences were there between people who lived in the North and people who lived in the South in the years before the Civil War?
• Why were these differences a major issue?
• How were the North and South similar?
• What changes were happening in the country during this time period?
Students will also create a Venn diagram: Life in the North/Life in the South.
• The students will fill in their Venn diagrams as they rotate to four stations (five minutes each) to do research
Like us on Facebook by clicking the link below
Social Studies Studio Facebook