This 45-60 minute lesson plan for middle school helps students answer or accomplish the following:
• How was the culture of the 1950s impacted by international affairs?
• Which wars took place during this time and how did they affect the culture in the U.S.?
• How did technology affect the 1950s in the U.S.?
• How did popular culture change in the 1950s? What was popular?
• What were some of the economic shifts in the 1950s and why?
• Who are some of the people who came to be icons of the 1950s and why?
• Why was this era considered to be an era of contradictions?
• What was happening politically in the 1950s that affected culture?
Like us on Facebook by clicking the link below
Social Studies Studio Facebook