A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and lots of video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit or homework assignments.
This bundle, which was created for a U.S. history or U.S. history honors class, includes the following:
- A 184 slide presentation about U.S. Imperialism and the Progressive Era. I have also included an extensive amount of pictures and video clips related to the decade that I have edited together throughout the presentation. These are great visual examples that go along with the material and you can pick and choose what you like.
- Four days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which I use as a notebook check assignments. The notes can be used by the students to study for the quiz that is at the end of the unit. The notes are broken up as follows:
Day 1 - America Builds an Empire
- The U.S. acquisition of Alaska and Hawaii and the sinking of the USS Maine
Day 2 - War, Assassination, and Theodore Roosevelt
- the notes go over the Spanish-American War, Rough Riders, assassination of President McKinley, and the emergence of Theodore Roosevelt
Day 3 - The Square Deal and Progressive Reforms
- Trust busting, consumer protection laws (the Jungle) and voting rights
Day 4 - The Panama Canal and More Reforms
- How the U.S. aquired access to the Panama Canal, the Triangle Shirtwaist fire, and the 19th Amendment
In addition to the notes you will also get these documents which can be used for assignments, notebook checks, or assessments
- U.S. Imperialism web quest - hyperlinks included .
- The forgotten Presidents of the Guided Age - these are video questions that go along with the Ultimate Guide to the presidents episode 4 Executive Retreat. The link for the video can be found at the top of the document.
- The Gilded Age web quest hyperlinks included
- The Jungle excerpts - reading assignment about some of the Jungle's nastiest parts with questions that go along with it.
- U.S. Imperialism and Progressive era quiz w/ key - for this the students will only need to study the notes to be prepared. The quiz is 5 multiple choice questions, 5 fill-in-the blank, 5 true/false, and 5 definitions
Thank you very much for considering this product! Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for U.S. History/Honors classes:
Contact and Colonization Bundle
The 13 Colonies Bundle
American Revolution Bundle
George Washington-James Madison Bundle
The Antebellum Period Bundle
The Civil War Bundle
Reconstruction Bundle (FREE)
The West, Immigration, and Invention Bundle
U.S. Imperialism and Progressive Era Bundle
World War I Bundle
1930s Great Depression/New Deal Bundle
World War II Bundle
The Start of the Cold War and 1950s Bundle